About Cody Regional Health’s Cedar Mountain Center
Substance Use and Recovery Services
Cody Regional Health’s Cedar Mountain Substance Treatment and Recovery Center (CMC) is a 16-bed facility focused on healing alcohol and drug addiction.
Our program consists of full days of treatment activities from wake-up in the morning to the evening, plus bedroom occupancy. In addition, we offer a broad range of outpatient services to our region and community for addiction and mental health. Cody Regional Health’s CMC is committed to addiction recovery through a treatment program addressing the:
- Body. Recover your body fitness while you heal from the presence of chemicals through recreational activities in beautiful Cody County, exercising at CMC’s in-house fitness facility, and eating regular nutritious meals.
- Mind. Recover your mind through medically managed detox services, individual and group counseling sessions, education groups, nature therapy, and the camaraderie of an intergenerational group that becomes your treatment family. You will settle into a substance-free lifestyle surrounded by individuals facing the same challenges and tended by caring staff.
- Spirit. Recover your spirit through connecting with other individuals facing the same challenges, 12-step group participation, nature therapy, and being in an environment conducive to developing serenity and spirituality. Many of our patients discover the family they are lacking as they connect with their treatment peers in a healing environment.
Since our treatment unit has only 16 beds, there is a low client-to-staff ratio, which allows for one-on-one care. Our association with West Park Hospital campus gives us access to state-of-the-art medical treatment. Having psychiatrists and counseling professionals on staff allows us to treat co-occurring disorders simultaneously while treating addiction. Our beautiful geographical setting and field trips to the local area help expand the treatment experience.
Clients of CMC have access to:
- Nature therapy: Our clients have weekly field trips to scenic locations in our local area, weather permitting.
- Recreational center: At least three times weekly our clients enjoy yoga, Tai chi and the fitness center where aerobic and strength training machines are available.
- Adult and Senior Services: Our family-like setting provides a comfortable treatment climate for seniors dealing with substance issues. As with all our clients, adults and seniors have access to medical treatment for co-occurring psychiatric disorders and medical treatment at Cody Regional Health.
- Co-occurring disorder treatments: We have the capability to use an integrated approach to treating patients who have a psychiatric illness and also a substance abuse issue.
We truly believe all individuals are worthy and capable of constructing and enjoying a productive and rewarding life; thus our approach to all clients as individuals with their own strengths, needs, and desires is highly valued. We encourage and promote an atmosphere of open, honest communication and sharing. Our foundation for this process is (and must always be) based upon respect, truth, and empathy. Dependency is a painful and difficult process, but we hold firmly to the conviction recovery can become a rewarding and fulfilling accomplishment, unlocking hidden or unknown potential for growth, peace and living a new and better way.
At Cody Regional Health’s CMC, our philosophy of care encompasses a type of healing environment that focuses on treating the whole client. We believe when it comes to a person’s health, there are many aspects of healing. In treating the patient as a whole—not just treating the disease—we can truly focus on healing.
Visited 462 times, 2 Visits today