Cumberland Heights is and drug and alcohol addiction treatment center in Nashville, Tennessee. As you learn about Cumberland Heights, our treatment offerings and recovery programs, you’ll learn alcohol and drug addiction is a chronic, progressive and potentially fatal disease if left untreated. With our treatment at Cumberland Heights we provide the highest quality of care for adults, adolescents and families who suffer from or are affected by this disease.
The inpatient programs at Cumberland Heights are offered at our main campus encompassing 177-acres located on the banks of the Cumberland River. Although our campus is only 20 minutes from downtown Nashville, the rural setting makes it seem a world away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Our recovery programs are gender responsive, residential and outpatient programs for individuals ages 14 and up. Cumberland Heights offers expert detoxification and medical care, exceptional dining meals and services, as well as spiritual, expressive and recreational therapies.
We tailor an individual plan for each patient, with lifelong recovery as the primary objective. Our experienced staff implements a comprehensive education on the disease of addiction and an understanding of the obstacles to recovery through group and individual therapy, 12 Step meetings, and family therapy.
From a patient’s first assessment, through residential treatment, and all the way to their first aftercare group, newly recovering men & women are provided the necessary resources for a sober, productive and fulfilling life. As part of the recovery community, we begin to break down the barriers addiction and stereotypes have built up. As individuals learn intimately about the disease of addiction, they begin to normalize their feelings and experiences.
Begin Your Recovery Journey
You will be assigned a primary counselor and case manager. Together, these clinicians will work with you and your family as well as the other members of your treatment team—your attending physician, the nursing staff, family counselor, spiritual director, expressive therapies team, nutritionist and clinical associate staff — to create an individual plan of care to help you begin your recovery journey. As part of your residential program, you will:
- receive detoxification care and management if needed, including the monitoring of your withdrawal signs and symptoms and medication management where indicated.
- be welcomed into a gender-responsive community with whom you will live during your residential stay re-learning the rhythms of a healthy pattern of living with good food, rest and exercise.
- become a member of a primary therapy group offering you a safe space to unpack the pain of addiction and begin to practice new behaviors.
- attend interactive educational groups teaching you about the brain disease of addiction and the tools you will need to move into recovery.
- learn about the principles of the 12 Steps, examining and practicing these yourself.
- attend on campus and community 12-Step meetings to experience the warmth and acceptance of this support network.
- participate in expressive therapies to give you a new way to look at addiction and recovery as well as to express yourself—art therapy, music assisted therapy, sand tray therapy, and adventure based ropes course and climbing wall experiences.
- explore ways to reconnect spiritually with yourself, others and a Power greater than yourself, however you define that, through mindfulness and other forms of meditation such as the labyrinth experience, yoga, as well as individual and group sessions with our Spiritual Directors; you and your family may also participate in our non-denominational chapel service.
- begin to heal family relationships through participation in individual family sessions, multi-family group sessions, family education groups and our 3 ½ day family workshop.
- receive supportive psychiatric assessment and care if indicated.
- participate in a large variety of specialty groups which meet your specific gender and age needs while focusing on relationships, parenting, body image, trauma, stress management and anger issues.
- create a plan for your continuing recovery with your case manager, looking at all of the available options to see what is right for you—extended care, 12-Step immersion retreat, intensive outpatient or a combination of the above. You’ll also learn about our telephone recovery support services, our weekly aftercare and our active alumni association where you can meet other recovering people like yourself.
- Add Review
8283 River Rd Pike, Nashville, TN 37209, USA
OPEN 24 HOURS