Residential treatment is the highest level of care offered at Pocono. Based on the 12-Step principles, this program incorporates proven therapies to help you begin recovery.
Overview of the residential addiction treatment program at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center in Henryville, PA
For many, the best way to start the process of recovering from an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol is to receive care in a residential treatment center. At Pocono Mountain Recovery Center in Henryville, Pennsylvania, we recognize the immense benefits that are available to individuals who participate in residential programming, which is why we are pleased to offer comprehensive residential treatment to men and women, ages 18 and older, who are struggling with chemical dependency.
Therapies and services offered in the residential treatment program at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center
Our treatment program is based upon the 12-Step principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), in conjunction with additional therapeutic elements. Every patient who receives care in our residential program is given a customized treatment plan that outlines the details of what his or her time spent in our care will look like. The specific interventions and treatment modalities that are used during one’s time in treatment will be individualized based on each person’s needs, concerns, strengths, and treatment goals. Such interventions may include the following:
- Detoxification services – When individuals have drugs or alcohol in their bodies, they may be required to participate in detoxification services so that any substances of abuse can be safely and effectively removed from their systems prior to engaging in the therapeutic aspects of programming.
- Medication management – When an individual is suffering from the symptoms of a co-occurring mental health disorder in addition to an addiction, he or she may benefit from the use of certain medications to help alleviate any distressing symptoms. When this is the case, patients have the ability to meet with a psychiatrist for medication management services.
- Individual therapy – Patients meet with their primary counselor for private, one-on-one individual therapy sessions at least once each week. Additional sessions can be added on an as-needed basis.
- Group therapy – Group therapy sessions are an integral part of residential programming here at our addiction rehab center. We believe that the dynamics of the group process can allow for major changes to take place as these sessions can be used as a time for education, as well as a time for patients to help each other. There are a variety of topics that may be covered during group therapy sessions, which can include things like coping skills development, disease education, and relapse prevention.
- Family therapy – Family members are encouraged to participate in their loved one’s therapeutic process at least once during his or her time in treatment, yet sessions can occur on an ongoing basis, based on each individual’s preference and/or clinical need.
- Experiential therapy – Experiential therapy opportunities are available to give patients an avenue to express themselves outside of traditional talk therapy. Examples of the types of experiential therapies that we offer include art therapy, music therapy, mindfulness, meditation, role playing, and yoga.
Visited 128 times, 1 Visit today